Job Title: Director (Trustee)
Location: Savana, Unit C, Metro Business Park, Clough Street, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, ST1 4AF
Organisation: Savana Inc Limited
Salary: Voluntary position
Savana is a dedicated organization committed to addressing sexual violence issues within our community. We aim to provide support, awareness, and advocacy to those affected by sexual violence. Our mission is to create a safer environment and promote a culture of respect and understanding.
As a Director of Savana, you will serve as a Trustee (Director) and have the ultimate responsibility for the control and management of the administration and assets of our charity. You will hold the ultimate power and responsibility, which must be exercised in the fulfillment of the charity’s objectives and in the interests of its beneficiaries. Your role, as part of the Board of Directors, is to ensure that the charity has a clear direction and purpose, and a sense of urgency to accomplish the work it was established to do.
As a Director of Savana, you will:
- Attend Board Meetings and any Committee Meetings of which you are a member.
- Prepare well for meetings, keeping yourself informed and reviewing and commenting on minutes and reports.
- Define and ensure compliance with the values and objectives of the organization.
- Establish a framework for approving policies and plans to achieve those objectives.
- Ensure that Savana complies with all statutory and good practice requirements.
- Ensure the strong financial standing of the organization.
- Approve each year’s budget, business plan, and accounts prior to publication.
- Establish and oversee a framework of delegation and systems of internal control.
- Set targets within the context of the activities of Savana, including the financial framework.
- Agree and make decisions on all matters that might create significant financial or other risk to Savana, or which raise material issues of principle.
- Establish and oversee a framework for the identification and management of risk, ensuring that the board receives regular reports on these.
- Monitor Savana’s performance in relation to plans, budgets, controls, and decisions, as well as in light of customer feedback and the performance of comparable organizations.
- Adopt and review organizational structures that enable Savana to carry out its business efficiently and effectively.
- Appoint (and if necessary, dismiss) any member of the Senior leadership team and approve their salary, benefits, and terms of employment.
- Follow the organization’s constitution in appointing (and, if necessary, removing) the chair of the board.
- Ensure that Savana co-operates fully with the Charity Commission and Companies House and discloses documents and information as required.
- Satisfy yourself that Savana’s affairs are conducted lawfully and in accordance with generally accepted standards of performance and propriety.
- Assess how the association follows the recommendations of the Charity Commission Code of Governance Guidelines.
- Notify relevant authorities of any fraud or other criminal offense involving Savana funds.
- Adopt, publish, and regularly review a comprehensive equal opportunities statement and policy.
- Ensure that partners working with Savana are properly constituted bodies with the capacity to discharge their duties.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Savana.
- Strong ethical and moral standards.
- Demonstrated leadership and governance experience.
- Good understanding of charity governance and regulatory compliance.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Willingness to engage with stakeholders and represent Savana externally.
How to Apply: If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of those affected by sexual violence and are ready to take on the role of a Director (Trustee) at Savana, please download our application pack below and submit via email to to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair of the Board and Treasurer Positions
Savana is also actively seeking individuals to fill the roles of Chair of the Board and Treasurer. If you are interested in these specific positions, please click the button below to learn more about the roles and submit your application.
We appreciate your commitment to our cause and look forward to your application. Savana is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those selected for an interview.